Pumex Computing is now in its second year of business and we are growing at a phenomenal rate, www.pumexcomputing.com. My partner and I embarked on this venture because we saw an opportunity to bring core values that are often overlooked in the software development industry. We believe in creating an employee-centric, value based organization that puts employee and customer satisfaction at the top of our priorities. I read a great quote from Richard Branson, and I’m paraphrasing a bit here, “If you take care of your employees and care about their happiness, they will care about keeping your customers happy.” That is the type culture we are looking to create within our company. A few of our key accomplishments to this point:
- Increased revenue every quarter since we started the company
- Established loyal and fantastic clients in the non-profit & trade association markets.
- Gained a license to hunt in the Federal government with the award of a GSA Schedule in January and working on several large IDIQ’s this year.
- Recently started development on a new finance app for consumers.
Pumex Computing has the ability to do custom software development and staff augmentation, both outsourced and sourced here in the US. We have resources In pretty much every major technology out there, including a few not listed below:
- ASP.NET MVC (C#/VB)
- Java, J2EE, Struts
- SQL, MySQL, & Custom Database Development
- Salesforce Development
- Mobile applications – iOS, Android, and Windows
- Cloud Based Technologies
- Software Migration & Integration
- Business Process Analysis
- Design & Planning
- Quality Assurance Analysis
Who you are
Someone that’s looking to link up with a couple of enterprising, aggressive, and young entrepreneurs; who will work with us to help grow and take this company to the next level. An Inspired Technical Proposal Writer – We are looking for a contract proposal writer to help us respond to more government opportunities. Our biggest hurdle right now is the time it takes to write the proposal. You will be a very part time person to start helping us write these proposals.
- Your background should be in writing technical proposals, preferably for Government opportunities.
- Pumex is open to speaking with anyone that has the technical and writing background that can learn the Government acquisition process. The company already has the past performance and the required artifacts for the opportunities we are bidding on.
- You will have the ability to put pen to paper, do the necessary research, and work with us to uncover the required information to make our solution/company shine in the response process while meeting strict deadlines for completion.
- Based on the timebound nature of the government acquisition process, it is imperative we are consistently hitting delivery goals for both drafts and final product.
Please send examples of your technical proposal writing along with your resume Has vision: If you grow with us, you will be rewarded. The idea is for this position to eventually grow into a full-time, salaried position as we win government opportunities. Although we understand that you may be only looking for part time income. If your goal is to stay contract and part time, that works for us as well. There will be times you will be required to come into the office for discussions or jump on conference calls. These conference calls/meetings can consist of conversations with our Business Development/RFQ Response Team, Debriefings by Government Agencies, Conversation with Developers/Technical Brainstorming Sessions. Additionally, the right candidate will be required to have high speed internet access, reliable phone service, and a computer to access our cloud based systems.
First Year Expectations
As a company, we are big into metrics and goal setting. Since we have never hired for a position like this, we are still formulating our thoughts around positional metrics and goals. We would like to work together with you, based on your writing experience and expertise to set correct expectations around several areas:
- Set standards around delivery on a page count/type of writing basis.
- Creating a response archive for content re-use.
- Set total number of RFP response expectations on a monthly/yearly basis.
- Evaluate response velocity over time as content database grows.
Pumex compensation increase and advancement opportunities are then tied directly to meeting or exceeding the metrics and goals we set. Our philosophy is that salary increases and advancement should be based on metrics based performance numbers which you can track with your manager.
Where we are going
Ultimately our long term strategy includes, utilizing our recently awarded GSA schedule and Business Development Team to move into the Federal space, potentially offering managed IT services to the commercial market, and assessing gaps within markets to create additional business or consumer applications. If the idea of being a part of a small company and helping grow it into a large company is exciting to you, then send us your resume, cover letter, and example of technical proposal writing to discuss the value you believe you bring to the position.
|Job Category||Information Technology|