Pumex Computing’s Client is currently looking to fill several Contract to Hire Senior Full Stack .NET & SQL Developer positions. The Client is in the process of developing an exciting next generation product that will continue to disrupt how the health insurance industry manages the claims process. In addition to the new product line. They are undergoing an internal culture transformation and has brought in several key players to assist in that process. As part of this effort they are looking for problem solvers and critical thinkers.
Our client is implementing an employee centric environment that is focused mainly on project task delivery rather than micromanaging employees. The company has recently undergone a huge multi-million dollar renovation and has perks like a ping pong table, nice spaces to work in, free snacks & drinks, and areas to relax.
Our principles are guidelines that govern our interactions and behavior—they are descriptive, comprehensive and non-negotiable. These peer-identified beliefs—the commitment we make to our clients, each other and ourselves—is below.
We pioneer to create the most remarkably efficient healthcare information solutions available, by asking, “is there a better way?” We simplify to make life so much easier for our clients that they would never consider doing things any other way. We bring people together to benefit everyone in the healthcare system, because great information delivered in a meaningful way transforms businesses as well as lives. We do the right thing to develop lasting trust, one positive experience at a time. We know that our decisions matter, so we always approach them with thoughtfulness and care. We always have our clients’ and each other’s best interests at heart and communicate in a constructive, honest and accessible way.
Employees’ performance is judged on a metrics based system, where both the employee and company understand your Year 1 Goals and Objectives. These metrics are clearly outlined allow you to gauge your own success within the company:
Within the first year, the candidate should complete the following:
- Manage the data backup and restoration systems for the local facility
- Learn and administer VoIP phone systems
- Come to the table with extensive knowledge of Windows Server (primarily 2012 R2/2016) including Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, DFS, and DHCP
- Take on management of Office 365 and Azure infrastructure
- Have availability for Off-shift coverage which will be required for support of systems and/or scheduled maintenance and system upgrades. The ability to write shell scripts and utility programs for Windows system maintenance is also a plus.
- Become Subject matter expert (SME) in the Client’s systems by developing working knowledge of the supported applications and the environments in which they are used; support SQL Server, Windows Server, IIS, Java, ASP and .NET based applications using SharePoint, Microsoft Office, and Service Now; understanding of security and TCP/IP protocols.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues with supported applications and their systems and environment; use creativity to produce immediate workarounds for users; isolate the issue if escalating to other teams.
- Provide detailed technical responses to client requests via phone, email, instant messaging and online ticketing application in a professional and timely manner
- Participate in technology road map tracking and provide recommendations as needed. Review the current environment, detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement. Configure, install, upgrade and maintain all equipment that supports network infrastructure environment.
- Use network/application performance management tools to troubleshoot, analyze, test and provide recommended solutions for performance problems associated with Burgess network infrastructure
- Contribute to computer and network security using a variety of security-based software products and hardware appliances
- Solve complex information technology problems in a constantly changing environment. Stay abreast of new technologies, understand how they impact the Client’s products and systems, and recommend changes to systems to reduce or mitigate risks that the Client faces.
- Take on organizational challenges as necessary
Beyond Year 1 Opportunity
Beyond Year 1, as the company grows with it’s new product launch, there will be opportunities for IT leaders to emerge and take on the ever evolving infrastructure challenges in a growing healthcare company.
About the Candidate
- Heavy experience in Building, configuring, and managing Microsoft Windows servers in multi-tenant enterprise environments both on premise and off promise (public/private cloud).
- Multiple years working with Cisco & dell switching technology, or equivalent router technology. With detailed understanding of experience with VLANs, Spanning Tree and IP routing protocols required.
- Strong ability in managing a Hypervisor Virtual Environment (VMWare & HyperV).
- Experience with Microsoft Azure enviorment
- A few years’ experience with Office 365
- Analyzes of the capacity needs for server & network infrastructure.
- Exceptional organization skills to prioritize work and ability to balance services and project tasks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to reprioritize tasks on short notice and identify and communicate impacts of changes
- Delivering highly complex technical support to customers, internal systems, and other using effective techniques and methodologies.
- Experience with application/network/OS and database vulnerability scanning and remediation
- Desired Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Why you should want to work for our Client
- Startup feel within an established and growing company.
- Small, but rapidly growing team building software for some of the largest health insurers in the world.
- Work with a talented group of IT folks
- State of the art office
- Remodeled and expanded in Summer 2017
- Electric stand up desks
- Free coffee, sodas and snacks
- 2 blocks from Metro and VRE station at King’s street.