Pumex Computing’s Client is currently looking to fill several Contract to Hire Senior Full Stack .NET & SQL Developer positions. The Client is in the process of developing an exciting next generation product that will continue to disrupt how the health insurance industry manages the claims process. In addition to the new product line, They are undergoing an internal culture transformation and has brought in several key players to assist in that process. As part of this effort they are looking for passionate developers, problem solvers, and critical thinkers.
Our client has implemented an employee centric environment that is focused mainly on project task delivery rather than micromanaging employees. This means that employees can work from the office, work from home, or wherever they feel most productive. There will be some mandated office time for team meetings, etc, but they don’t care where the work gets done, as long as it is delivered on time. When you do come into the office, the company has some perks like a ping pong table, nice spaces to work in, free snacks & drinks, and areas to relax. They also prides themselves in not having a pure management layer overseeing this new product. The folks you report to will have development and project responsibilities as well. Management therefore understands the project challenges their employees are going through, because they are facing the same challenges.
Employees’ performance is judged on a metrics based system, where both the employee and company understand your Year 1 Goals and Objectives.
These metrics are clearly outlined allow you to gauge your own success within the company:
Performance GoalsFirst 30 Days
- Successfully complete all compliance, security and onboarding (policy) training.
- Successfully configure and test your development environment and connectivity to required resources.
- Be able to whiteboard our software delivery pipeline and identify key components, their use and owner.
- Be able to name and describe the role of every person on your team, along with others that you will interact with regularly.
- Defend your favorite sports team and/or university against colleague’s disparaging remarks.
- Obtain the knowledge and skills needed to be able to utilize our tool set to successfully code, unit test and integrate into our delivery pipeline a simple Medicare edit.
- Team City
- Butter (proprietary unit test tool)
- Target Process
- Microsoft Teams and Skype
- Be able to successfully code, unit test and integrate into our delivery pipeline a moderately complex Medicare edit.
- Commit to memory our Definition of Ready and our Definition of Done
- Read a user story and ask questions to non-developers until you can code and test it.
- Check in perfectly formatted code every time.
- Create good unit tests in Butter.
- Be able to successfully explain to your family what Burgess does, who are its customers, and how you contribute to Burgess’s success.
- Recommend lunch options within walking distance.
- Have the ability to schedule and conduct a successful meeting, conference room and Skype.
- Be a valuable contributor as a Senior developer in one of our content Scrum Teams.
- Complete the tasks assigned, problem solve, and go above and beyond to make your team and the product great.
- Show us that you can successfully code, unit test and integrate into our delivery pipeline a complex Medicare edit.
- Continuous improvement.
- Share your experience to help us get better. * Define your own personal 6 month and 12 month goals for
- Process improvement
- Personal Development
- Beyond Year 1 Opportunity
Beyond Year 1, they are looking for strong and talented developers to take on leadership roles within the company. You will have a great opportunity to to advance yourself, both professionally and personally.
About the Candidate
- You are a Craftsman, a Senior level developer who is passionate about their work
- Someone who loves to problem solve and face new challenges.
- Development is in your blood and you have fun in your free time working on your own projects.
- Have a focus on creating quality products while working with a team of people to get things done.
- Understand that requirements will probably shift and change as the team goes through the process, but the work you’ve done isn’t wasted, it was a learning experience to do things better in the next sprint.
- Having experience in healthcare or insurance is a big bonus but no absolutely required
Why you should want to work for our Client
- Startup feel within an established and growing company.
- Small, but rapidly growing team building software for some of the largest health insurers in the world.
- Work with very talented people
- Work with current technologies
- SQL Server 2016, Octopus Deploy, Team City, Angular JS
- Beginning to explore cloud solutions like Azure
- Pluralsight Subscription for every developer * State of the art office
- Remodeled and expanded in Summer 2017
- Electric stand up desks
- Free coffee, sodas and snacks
- 2 blocks from Metro and VRE station at King’s street.
If this sounds like you, we are looking for the following positions:
- Mid & Sr. Full Stack .NET Developer
- Mid & Sr. SQL Developer
|Job Category||Health Care|
|Type||Contract to Hire|