As part of the Product Delivery team, the Agile Project Manager (APM) will provide general supervision and business-level guidance to the cross-functional team in product feature analysis, content design, and client acceptance. The APM is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to in the software delivery lifecycle. Maintain responsibility for monitoring the requirements and attending meetings with developers on the team to understand the details, dependencies, and status of all Milestones, Epics, and Features.
The APM ensures the design and implementation of operational business analysis and UAT policies and procedures are continually assessed, developed, revised, or sunset, to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Implement Burgess Agile Framework.
- Create and maintain the Project Work Plan.
- Enforce project roles and owners, communication processes, and status meeting schedule.
- Experience using Agile performance metrics to drive accountability and continuous improvement
- Implement and support agile and project governance processes.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor work flow of the cross-functional team.
- Own the effective, efficient, timely delivery of high quality product data and content via a collaborative UAT cycle, partnered with Client Operations, Data, Development, Information Technology (IT), Implementations, Product Management, and Quality Assurance (QA).
- Maintain product consistency throughout the product life cycle, to include the design, definition and build phases through quality checkpoints and testing.
- Continuously seek enhancements that improve the cross-functional team’s processes, regarding timely achievement of product delivery goals, and leverages support from all cross-functional team members to implement these improvements.
- Develop and manage quality metrics that are relevant to Burgess’ Agile release cycle.
- Submit effective, concise communication regarding issues, objectives, and initiatives.
- Work with team members to develop delivery schedules and resource allocation models.
- Assure the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tool(s) usage.
- Proactively seek out issues that could negatively impact the product release schedule, and initiates the corrective response/action to resolve, escalate and rectify the matter to meet planned goal(s) consistently on schedule.
- Jointly own the Product Delivery release process to ensure correct, concise, informative, and timely content published within User Stories is adequately positioned within application products upon deployment.
- Jointly responsible with QA, Development, Data, IT, Client Services, and Implementation teams for the QA SIGN-OFF notification, when all Sprint product release testing has been completed.
- Assist Client Operations and Implementations teams in the timely management of customer issues regarding product feature content, and maintains a fast attack posture for circumstances that necessitate delivery of emergency claims pricing product update(s).
- Ability to bring multiple stakeholders together.
- Other duties as required.
Quals & Skills
- BS in math, computer science, business systems, statistics, economics or degree in related field, or relative employment experience.
- 4+ Years Technical Experience: QA, UAT, Software Development, Data Analysis, and/or related fields.
- 4+ Years practical Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) experience.
- Use of Agile tools and implementation experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with development of healthcare applications, specifically manual/automated Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid claims processing.
- Clear passion for product business analysis at the micro-level; seeks out opportunities to understand granular levels of Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid content.
- Constantly projects a positive attitude toward cross-functional teams, and promotes collaboration in resolving product and/or product delivery cycle issues.
- Remains poised and professional under pressure.
- Uses sound judgment in decision-making.
- Proactively and creatively solves problems.
- Detail and action-oriented.
- Collaborative, flexible and able to balance the need for structure with the efficiency and effectiveness of action-oriented, non-bureaucratic and non-hierarchical approaches.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM Certification)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Project Management Institute – Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- 5+ Years experience in Insurance or Healthcare related IT.
|Job Category||Health Care|
|Type||Contract, Direct Hire|